TurningPoint Cloud 'Organization Admin' Role
This article explains what an individual with the "Organization Admin" role should look for when troubleshooting Turning Accounts for UWM student users.
Getting set up with the Organization Admin Role
- Create a Turning Account at https://account.turningtechnologies.com
- Contact CETL at email@example.com to request that the UWM Turning Technologies Site Administrator promote your account to the Organization Admin Role (UWM CETL LTA's and LTC's as well as UITS HD2 staff may have this role).
- Once you have been elevated to the Organization Admin role, you will have access to complete the steps below to troubleshoot issues with UWM Student Turning Accounts.
Accessing the Organization Menu in your Turning Account
- When you log into your Turning Account, you will be in the Turning Account Dashboard
- Click on the link labeled [Organization] on the left sidebar
Open the [Organization] Menu
- The next screen displays all users accounts with the @uwm.edu email domain
- Users' First Name, Last Name, Email Account, User ID, User Group, Role, and Last Login are displayed
- You can search for users by first name, last name, or ePanther ID (the first part of an Office 365 email account, before the @uwm.edu)
- NOTE: Only users with @uwm.edu email domains will populate for UWM Organization Admins. If a student has created a Turning Account using a non-uwm or personal email account such as gmail or hotmail, UWM admins will not be able to view their accounts and the student should be instructed to change their email address in the profile section of their Turning Account
Verify the student's user account is "class ready" for clickers participation
The screen that appears displays the user's individual account information. You may check the following items to verify that the student's Turning Account is "class ready" for clicker participation.
- If the student has registered their Turning Account through the Integration Link in D2L, the uwm server address should appear in this field (URL: https://uwm.turningtechnologies.com).
- If the student has not registered their Turning Account through the Integration Link in D2L, the following message will display, "This user does not have any Learning Management System connections to display." The student will need to register their account through D2L before their "clicks" will be counted.
- If the student has purchased and activated a valid Turning License, the expiration date will be displayed in this field.
- If the student has not yet activated a valid license, the following message will display, "This user does not have any licenses." The student will need to purchase and activate (or activate an already purchased license) before their "clicks" will be counted.
- If the student has registered their hardware clicker Device ID in their Turning Account, a 6-digit code will appear in this field.
- If the student has NOT registered their hardware clicker Device ID in their Turning Account, the following message will display, "This user does not have any response devices registered." If the student is using a hardware clicker, they will need to register their Device ID before their "clicks" will be counted.
NOTE: Students using ResponseWare only (without a hardware clicker) do not need to enter a Device ID.
If student account is "class ready" but clicks are still not being recorded
- The student must program their device for the correct channel (hardware clickers) or session ID (ResponseWare) for each classroom/session.
- Check that hardware clickers have a working battery. Replacement batteries are available at the UWM HelpDesk.
- Ensure students are inputting responses correctly for their specific device.
- If student clicks are still not being recorded, student should notify the instructor who may contact CETL for additional troubleshooting.