Creating an H5P Account and a Link to Authoring Tools
This tutorial will show you how to create an account in UWM's H5P environment. Once you complete these steps, you will no longer need to perform these steps again when creating new H5P activities or when adding activities to your course site.
Before you begin this tutorial:
- You must be accepted to be part of the UWM H5P pilot. If you are interested in being included in the H5P pilot, please contact [email protected] for more information.
- You must have received confirmation that H5P has been added to your course site.
When you complete this tutorial:
- To create new H5P activities (or upload existing activities created in H5P.org) and make your H5P activities available to your students, complete the following tutorial: http://cetl-uwm.screenstepslive.com/s/13190/m/49120/l/1078184-how-do-i-create-interactive-canvas-assignments-using-h5p
- From within the Canvas course site that includes H5P, navigate to the Home area.
- Click the Module button.
- Scroll through the list and select H5P.
Note: If you do not see the H5P option, you do not have H5P enabled in this course site. Please confirm that you have be accepted to be part of the UWM H5P pilot. If so, ensure that you are using the Canvas course site in which H5P have been enabled. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
You'll see the "Link Resources from External Tool" window. This will confirm that you've created an account in UWM's H5P environment. Because the account was created, you can cancel this process.
- Click the "X" button.
While canceling the "Add External Tool" process, you'll receive a message to confirm that you "want to cancel".
- Click the OK button.
- In the URL: field, enter the following text: https://uwm.h5p.com
- In the Page Name: field, enter the following text: H5P Authoring
- Click the Load in a new tab select box.
- Click the Add Item button.
- Ensure that the Module and the Item are NOT Published. There should be a No Symbol next to the Module and Item.
Note: Keeping the Module and Item unpublished will ensure that the link is only available to Teachers in the course site. Students will see specific items that you publish as Assignments.
Instruction for adding
Complete this tutorial to:
- Create new H5P activities or upload existing activities created in H5P.org
- Once created, you will make your H5P activities available to your students