TurningPoint Cloud Error: "PowerPoint is Already Running"
When attempting to open a PowerPoint file through [PowerPoint Polling] in the TurningPoint Cloud Dashboard, an error message is generated that reads, "Powerpoint is Already Running. Please quit PowerPoint and restart TurningPoint Cloud."
Solution #1 - Close PowerPoint
Find the PowerPoint software application on your computer and close or quit PowerPoint. You cannot access PowerPoint Polling through TurningPoint Cloud if PowerPoint is already open on your computer.
Closing PowerPoint on a PC
To close PowerPoint on a PC, single click on the "X" in the upper right corner of the PowerPoint window.
Closing PowerPoint on a Mac
To close PowerPoint on a Mac, single click on the red circle in the upper left corner of the PowerPoint window.
Quitting PowerPoint on a Mac
You can also quit PowerPoint on a Mac by following these steps:
- Click on PowerPoint in the top navigation bar
- Select Quit PowerPoint
Solution #2 - (PC) Close PowerPoint from the Windows Task Manager
Launch the Windows Task Manager
Press and hold [Control + Alt + Delete] on your keyboard to launch the Windows Task Manager
Find and Select PowerPoint
- Select [Processes] at the top of the Windows Task Manager
- Locate PowerPoint and single click it so it is highlighted
End the PowerPoint Process
Click [End Process] located on the bottom right
Relaunch TurningPoint Cloud
Solution #2 - (Mac) Close PowerPoint from the Force Quit Applications Window
Launch the Force Quit Applications Window
- Press and hold [Command + Option + Esc] on your keyboard to launch the Force Quit Applications Window
- Single click on Microsoft PowerPoint to highlight PowerPoint
- Select [Force Quit] in the bottom right corner of the Force Quit Applications Window
Confirm Force Quit
Click [Force Quit] in the pop up window that appears to confirm you want to quit PowerPoint.
Add your comment