Adding My Media to your D2L Navigation Bar
This tutorial will describe how to add the My Media link to the navigation bar in D2L. This step is necessary to be able to download media, that was previously uploaded to My Media in D2L, to your desktop.
Before you begin:
- You must be enrolled in the course as a "Teacher"
- From inside your D2L course site, click Edit Course.
- Click Navigation & Themes in the "Site Setup" area under "Course Administrator."
You'll see the "Course Default" navigation bar under the "Active Navbars" heading.
- Click the pull-down arrow to the right of "Course Default" and select the Copy button (icon looks like 2 pieces of paper).
A new navigation bar called "Course Default - Copy" will appear below the "Course Default" heading.
- Click on the blue hot-linked title for Course Default - Copy.
Under "Links" you will see 4 quadrants. These correspond to the Top-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Left, and Bottom-Right Link Areas of your navigation bar. Identify the area in which you'd like to add the link. You may wish to choose the top-right if you plan to use My Media infrequently or for a specific project.
- Click the Add Link button in the area in which you'd like to add the link.
- Scroll through the list and check the box in front of My Media.
- Click the Add button.
The My Media link will appear in your chosen Link Area.
You may wish to re-order the My Media link. To do this, click and hold, then drag the [Course Media] link to achieve the desired order.
- When your new navigation bar is complete, click Save and Close button at the bottom of the page.
You've created and edited a new navigation bar, but you still need to make it active.
- Click the pull-down arrow to the right of "Active Navbar" and select your new Navigation Bar from the list.
- Click the Apply button.
You'll receive a message that your new navigation bar is "set as active navbar."
- Your new Navigation Bar will show as "Active" and the changes will be evident in the course navigation.